-
Check out this little Angel! If you can take your eyes off of that pretty grin, Check out what she is wearing. I think it's the Bitty Princess dress if I am not mistaken.
The story is waaaay more important that the outfit. I just happened to notice the dress too.
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/play....kgw.kgw&wm=10
-
I love hearing stories like this-miracles do happen, every day.
My older sister Suzy got cancer when she was 8 years old. This was in the 1950's, and there was nothing they could do for her. The doctors told my parents that she had six months to live-just to take her home and wait. We are Catholic, and my mom was from France. She decided to take Suzy to Lourdes, in France. The holy waters there have been credited with many miracle cures, and she wanted her to take the baths there. Suzy died 2 months before her 25th birthday. We had her 17 years longer than the doctors had thought possible. She didn't even know how sick she had been until she was 19 and getting married-our doctor felt it would be a bad idea for her to become pregnant, at least for a while, so my parents had to tell her why. When her cancer came back, she was living in France and was one of the first patients they tried chemo on-it wasn't even available in the US at the time. They didn't know if it would help her, or what the side effects would be, but they told her that what they would learn with her could help other cancer patients in the future. I really think with all of the advances they have made in cancer treatment, if she could have been alive with the cancer now, she would have beaten it.
-
What beautiful and heart warming stories of miracles from our HB members. Mrs. C, I will pray for KC.
These posts have strengthened my faith. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
Polly Marie
-
My second cousin once got a huge tumor in his lungs and they gave him 6 months to live and he said "No way, I'm not gonna let that happen" and they had people praying all over the country for him and then he got a miraculous recovery, no cancer stuff in his body at all.
-
Thanks for sharing the link, Anna. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
I'm glad Victoria is getting better. It's always sad to hear about little girls who get cancer. (Or anyone for that matter!) [img]frown.gif[/img]
On a side note, she looks very pretty in that princess costume!
-
Oh! This strengthens our hopes for our dd. I hope miracles of healing and a cure for cancer will be in the future for all. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
Thanks for the site. My dh had told me about hearing this on TV but I didn't know the news site.
Polly Marie
-
I know, it is bittersweet story. It said she had been battling it for a year [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] , but now, she is all better! I am so happy for her and her family. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
-
[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] There is ALWAYS hope. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] And stories like this are SUCH nice reminders.
I will be wishing you and your whole family all the best! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
Thank you for this message. I'm sure some of you know that my granddaughter has a very rare disease. She is taking very strong medicines and we're are praying for remission. KC is five and it will be two years of this treatment before we know if it can be controlled. The weekly doses make her sick but she is being a real brave little girl. She will live with this disease all her life, but we pray for it's remission and control.
Just one more miracle... my deadline was age 12 and I'm a few years past that. God hears prayers. There's new treatments and medicine has come a long way in my lifetime. I've been blessed. We continue to hope and pray for KC. Prayers do heal and are always appreciated.
These stories are wonderful moral builders and very spirit lifting.
Thank you again for sharing. ^j^ Mrs. C.
-
What a lucky girl! It's funny I didn't see this on our news, because that Portland station is the one I normally watch. I haven't been able to watch the news for the past few days though, we've been having a garage sale all weekend.
I checked the AG site, and although she not wearing the real AG dress, (The AG one has a Hennen style hat not a circlet) it's a really close match. I wonder if they got it at a craft bazaar, and the seller "borrowed" the pattern idea. [img]tongue.gif[/img]