Quote:
Originally posted by Dulcinea:
I agree that the criminal theories that focus on body morphology, phrenology, etc. seem stupid. But I think there is something to the psychological theories of criminal behavior, specifically the sociopath as criminal. I believe that when someone lacks the capacity for compassion and empathy, they are much more likely to engage in criminal behavior.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh I agree with the sociopath specific, but we are still studying the "blanket theories", those that are trying to encapsulate EVERY person at the same time. I think the class is intended, on a subconcious level, to imprint the idea that there is no way to know who is going to do what. While the supposed lesson is to realize and understand the ideas that are adhered to while trying to develop policy and law, we are learning that there is no plausible way of knowing anything until you are faced with it.