I know My Twinn dolls are much taller than AGs, but how well do their tights and head accesories (hats, glasses, ect.) fit AGs? My Twinn is having a fabulous sale and I was wondering is I could buy anything for my AG dolls. Thanks!
Printable View
I know My Twinn dolls are much taller than AGs, but how well do their tights and head accesories (hats, glasses, ect.) fit AGs? My Twinn is having a fabulous sale and I was wondering is I could buy anything for my AG dolls. Thanks!
Well, their furniture will work fine I know that! I think the hair accessories will fit AG's to. I used to have a my twinn, but I onlt have a few outfits for her from garage sales. they were a little bit on them. I just took them in on the side! HTH!!
The clothes, for the most part, would be too big. My dd has a MT & an AG & they are very different in size. MT is 23". That's quite a difference from AG's 18". O.K., just went & checked. The MT has a dress jumper & on Kit it hangs past her feet. The p.j.'s are waaay past Kit's hands & feet. I wouldn't recommend the clothes, but access. might work.
ETA... I re-read your question...the MT head on my dd's doll measures 14" & Kit's is 11 3/4". I would think the hats would be too big & the glasses would as well. Hope someone here has thos access. & can tell you for sure.
Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
P.S. I saw the sale too...GREAT prices. If only they were a bit smaller! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 07, 2006 04:05 PM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah! I wish they were smaller to! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]Quote:
Originally posted by trvnbrn:
P.S. I saw the sale too...GREAT prices. If only they were a bit smaller! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ March 07, 2006 04:05 PM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font></font>
Thanks for your help, I was hoping that the heads would be about the same size. I wish I had a My Twinn doll so I could take advantage of the sale!
I ordered my DD an dress because even with out the doll outfit is was a cute dress for $8 why not. In fact I also ordered the peral necklace and braclet with maching ones for the doll for $3, can't beat that. I think the doll one will fit on of her dolls, it does't have to fit as well as a dress.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I ordered the cuddly twin bed, but really plan on letting DD use it for her HH doll (bed is 18 inches so it should fit.) We will see when I get it.Quote:
Originally posted by Melissa:
The clothing is so much larger that I don't think it would work (My Twinns are also bigger around than AGs). I have both AGs and My Twinns and have never swapped the clothing. The one exception is that My Twinn Cuddlies can *sometimes* wear AG clothing; but it's really long on them. Something not form-fitting and wouldn't look odd being extra-long, like Felicity's nightgown, is something that looks okay on a My Twinn Cuddly. As for any My Twinn brand clothing fitting AGs, though, it doesn't look possible due to being so much larger.
As a member mentioned in another thread, the furniture might make sense to use, because it would be more adult-sized. Companies always make things sized to dolls, but for realism, things should be larger than the dolls. (Example: beds for dolls always just fit the dolls, but in reality they should be longer than the dolls since they would have been made for adults.)
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ March 08, 2006 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font></font>
I went on there to look at all the accessories you were talking about. WOW--what deals! I got my personalized My Twinn in the jeans overalls; they are really cute and well-made (if still as they were about eight years ago). I recommend them to anyone with a My Twinn.
The only accessories I think would work okay are the scrunchies. I have one of the scrunchies and, since they come in so many different sizes in real life, there's no reason they wouldn't look okay on a modern AGT. Everything else would probably be much too big for AGs, though.
The clothing is so much larger that I don't think it would work (My Twinns are also bigger around than AGs). I have both AGs and My Twinns and have never swapped the clothing. The one exception is that My Twinn Cuddlies can *sometimes* wear AG clothing; but it's really long on them. Something not form-fitting and wouldn't look odd being extra-long, like Felicity's nightgown, is something that looks okay on a My Twinn Cuddly. As for any My Twinn brand clothing fitting AGs, though, it doesn't look possible due to being so much larger.
As a member mentioned in another thread, the furniture might make sense to use, because it would be more adult-sized. Companies always make things sized to dolls, but for realism, things should be larger than the dolls. (Example: beds for dolls always just fit the dolls, but in reality they should be longer than the dolls since they would have been made for adults.)
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 08, 2006 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am qouting myself! Anyway, I recived my order. The dress is way to big for my DD, but acording to their messurments it should fit. Oh well, it should be great nice year anyway.Quote:
Originally posted by PhDfamily:
I ordered my DD an dress because even with out the doll outfit is was a cute dress for $8 why not. In fact I also ordered the peral necklace and braclet with maching ones for the doll for $3, can't beat that. I think the doll one will fit on of her dolls, it does't have to fit as well as a dress.
The pearl necklace set fits the AG dolls well, and is very cute.
The bed does work well for HH dolls too. (for the cuddly twin that is.)