Hello!
I have some questions about the 603 Duplex(10 Ohm).
What is the right enclosure for this speaker and what cone can i use for reconing the Bass?
Thanks,Andi
Printable View
Hello!
I have some questions about the 603 Duplex(10 Ohm).
What is the right enclosure for this speaker and what cone can i use for reconing the Bass?
Thanks,Andi
I recall a fascinaing article in an old Speaker Builder or Sound Practices issue writen by someone who had reconed a 603 and mounted it in a large corner cab built to old Altec specs. It was built in a room in a small country house and the author claimed to like sitting outside some distance from the house to listen to the 603 cranked way up. He said it was amazing.
Can't remember the article or which mag. My hunch is it was Speaker Builder circa '97.
JIm Butler
Hi Andy,
First ist a multicell Diacone.
Because Altec made 2 types of 603 in 1945.
If it is a multi cell .I have the following info.
http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...1949/page5.jpg
http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...1949/page4.jpg
http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/plans/1970's-lf-plans/enclosures05.jpg
...........................
Greets!
The 620 cab and driven with an impedance matching amp.
GM
Hi,
This cabinet can be a 620, 612, stonehenge .
The amp can be modified by a technician .
http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/plans/1970's-lf-plans/enclosures07.jpg
Good luck
............................................