-
Thought of you Amy when this was sent to me:
After being interviewed by the school administration, the eager teaching prospect said:
"Let me see if I've got this right. You want
me to go into that room with all those kids, and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning, and I'm supposed to intsill a sens of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.
You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self esteem.
You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play, how to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job.
I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of anti-social behavior, make sure all students pass the state exams, even those who don't come to school regularly or complete any of their assignments. PLUS, I am to make sure that all of the students with handicaps get an equal education regardless of the extent of their mental or physical handicap.
I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter and report card. All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few books, a bulletin board, a big smile AND.........on a starting salary that qualifies my family for food stamps????? You want me to do all of this and THEN you tell me..........
I CAN'T PRAY??????"
-
wow! they don't let you pray???
-
What's the teacher going to pray for, a new job? And that wasn't written by a teacher, it was written by a Janitor with delusions of grandeur.
-
even janitors have goals.
(hey you!) *pokes*
-
Well I know that. It's why I'm not a janitor anymore. How you been woman who never says hi no more!?!
-
i said 'hey'!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
people change... shit has changed...
pm me