-
Trying to convince Peter to bake his cakes without the gas but he is not so eager to give it a shot. Peter's cakes are truly fantastic and I understand he doesn't want a flop on his hands. Here is an image of this evening's dessert, baked in a pre-heated oven at 375 for 25 minutes, gas on...we're having friends over....good thing, I know we could eat that whole thing be bedtime. Have you folks baked cakes without the gas turned on? Tips, hints, suggestions, warnings...all would be welcome! Thanks in advance..
[IMG]http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8...thganacxr2.jpg[/IMG]
-
Try one of the recipes in the "Idle Hour" Cookbook that resembles one you're used to. He'll see...
-
Ha,
I've baked with retained heat. I preheat the oven. If recipe calls for 50 min cooking time, I bake for 15 min then turn gas off for rest of time. I haven't had any flops yet.
Treatmaker