They have been nailed by that ice storm and she looks to be without electricty for 9 days...today is day 3. She called via her son's cell and told me to let you all know. They are safe...grilling food.
Printable View
They have been nailed by that ice storm and she looks to be without electricty for 9 days...today is day 3. She called via her son's cell and told me to let you all know. They are safe...grilling food.
wow..I was wondering if they go hit by that storm...and more snow to come....looks like its going to be a long winter
I pray that they get power sooneR than they expect, What is her heating situation. We got lucky, the ice went north of us and we have been getting much needed rain for over a week.
If you hear from her again tell her we are sending good wishes and prayers to her and all the others in her situation.
rog
Ok, I admit it. I am addicted to Rae's daily emails and I miss her lots! If you get to speak with her again before she comes back online please tell her MEHR from me*S
She has been without for four days now and was told it would be another 7-10 days. Her heating situation is that she has no heat. Their electric is gone and the heat with it. She did say they were grilling their dinners and that she had emptied her fridge into the ice out in the backyard (she had just gone shopping). Luckily her oldest son is home from college because he has a cell phone.
I will pass that on Suzanne [img]wink.gif[/img]
I'm back!!!! Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
I have to say it was a stressful week in general but I come from good stock therefore some genetic instinct kicked in. The power came back on late Wednesday so we had heat, lights and such but COX didn't get our phone, cable internet restored until a few hours ago...AND there is more snow just north of us so please please keep praying that the 242 dollars I just spent on groceries won't go to waste LOL. Actually I managed to salvage quite a bit aside from ice creamy, frozen breads and such.
Susanne, check your email...and I missed you too honey MEHR than I can say!!!
Kisses and love to all my wonderful friends, you were all on my mind and I was thankful to get the cell phone call out to Robin on Tuesday so she could keep you up to date.
YAY! I am glad that you are back! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
that was a good idea to but the frige stuff outside...glad all is well with you and your family....kiss kiss [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Much Thanks to both you lovely ladies!!!
good to see you back..wish i had checked on you sooner but i dont get over this way much... [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]