http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-Vintage-Alt...6.c0.m14.l1318
This is like the 2nd or 3rd pair I have seen come up in that area.... not sure whay so many coming from there....
Printable View
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-Vintage-Alt...6.c0.m14.l1318
This is like the 2nd or 3rd pair I have seen come up in that area.... not sure whay so many coming from there....
The 515's generally bring 600-1000 a pair, and i think you probably have a pretty good ball park idea of the value of the boxes.
If i were shopping for them, and they were local i'd probably hope to buy em for 1200-1500 at most, more than that is just plain over the top IMO.
Just my .02..........
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 01, 2008 02:44 PM: Message edited by: bowtie427ss ]</font>
The 515B in good shape sell for decent money. One of these is dead...both look to need recones.
So for $5K you get old ratty boxes and woofs that need rebuilt.
As I said in my post, only $4825 more than I just paid....my woofs work, got crossovers, and the boxes are excellent.
Classic Knows......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Quote:
Originally posted by RonSS:
The 515B in good shape sell for decent money. One of these is dead...both look to need recones.
So for $5K you get old ratty boxes and woofs that need rebuilt.
As I said in my post, only $4825 more than I just paid....my woofs work, got crossovers, and the boxes are excellent.
Classic Knows......
This is why ebay cracks me up.
A pair of 515B in perfect shape might bring $500.
I've seen lots of decent pairs for a hundred or so less.
Two ratty boxes, not a lot.
I think some Ebayers are just looking for a sucker.
I've seen pairs of Duplexes at $5k, and readily available for a third of that.
Sorry, i should have included "in proper working condition" in my first post.
No argument or disrespect intended, but i see the going rate on ebay, FWIW, for decent working alnico 515's usually hold pretty steady at closer to 1000 bucks for pairs. There's a particularly nice pair on currently with bidding up over 700.
515B's
I don't get the mystery behind 515B. Paper hinge cone....won't go low.
Who want's these and why?
Ron
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No disrespect taken.Quote:
Originally posted by bowtie427ss:
No argument or disrespect intended, but i see the going rate on ebay, FWIW, for decent working alnico 515's usually hold pretty steady at closer to 1000 bucks for pairs. There's a particularly nice pair on currently with bidding up over 700.
515B's
Does seem they are going up- but if you do completed there was a single for less than $200, which is generally the cheapest way to buy.
And in the last 6 months I have seen them at the price I quoted.
As with anything, if you gotta have it quick you will pay premium. But I usually can afford to wait, so I just wouldn't pay $700.
Your mileage may vary, and all that.
[quote]Originally posted by O G:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No disrespect taken.Quote:
Originally posted by bowtie427ss:
[qb]
No argument or disrespect intended, but i see the going rate on ebay, FWIW, for decent working alnico 515's usually hold pretty steady at closer to 1000 bucks for pairs.
Does seem they are going up- but if you do completed there was a single for less than $200, which is generally the cheapest way to buy.
And in the last 6 months I have seen them at the price I quoted.
As with anything, if you gotta have it quick you will pay premium. But I usually can afford to wait, so I just wouldn't pay $700.
Your mileage may vary, and all that.
FWIW a couple months ago turned down 2 A-7 with 515B and horns for $700. Maybe I shoulda bought them- but I enjoy sleeping in the house.
I emailed the seller and tried to inform them that they were wasting there time due to the price. My intent was to be helpful and not to be critical.... hopefully it was taken that way, but I haven't gotten a reply back.
Wht do you all think about the horns that he has?