-
New server
We are now completly moved over and DNS seems to be properly propigating. Speed increase is dramatic and to think we have not even had a chance to tweak the server or site yet. So things will only get better in the future.
Next on the list is the censor option.
-
Re: New server
http://labrier.com/images/ServerDown.gif
Meanwhile...
http://blogs.sun.com/kto/resource/SystemDown1979.jpg
The censor ate my "Donate" button...:D
Please do not PM or email me for support either.
The fastest way to get support is through our Confidence Desk.
-
Re: New server
Yes, the new format DID eat the "Donate" button - I'm trying to find the code for it and then figure out how to install it.
"I know engineers - they love to change things!" - Dr. Leonard McCoy, USS Enterprise, commenting on how technoids can't leave well enough alone...
-
Re: New server
How can direct links to other websites be placed in a post?
-
Re: New server
Use the advanced editor, and the "Insert link" button (the blue globe/chain icon right below the smiley).
The "Insert Image" button (4 spots right of the "link") lets you add pics from the web (just use the image URL, not the webpage it's on) or upload ones from your computer. No more remote hosting required! :)
-
Re: New server
How do I get a Blue Globe?
-
Re: New server
Use the "Post Reply" button instead of the quick reply window. That opens the advanced editor, which looks like this (arrow points to "insert link" button):
-
Re: New server
Duhh... I just noticed the link and image buttons are on the quick reply window too.:o
-
Re: New server
Hi, bfish,
Thanks for the screen shot. Unfortunately the one I get for ALL types of replies is much simpler and does not have the required 'click-ons'.
In the Posting Rules box, HTML code is OFF. I do not know if it should be ON or how to switch it on.
Cheers, Marshall.
-
Re: New server
Go to "My Account/Edit Options", and scroll to "Miscellaneous" at the bottom. For the "Message Editor Interface", select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing". Save your changes, and that should do it.
Cheers! :)