Hey all,
My latest project has been learning CSS coding to replace a lot of HTML on my Society of AG Collectors site. (Basically that means making one file that defines your site's attributes such as text and link colors, background colors, margins, etc., so that when you want to redesign your site, you only have to change the info on ONE page instead of ALL the pages on your site, because all the pages pull their info from that one master page. My site's comprised of like 100 pages, so you see that learning it would save a lot of work in the future!)
Anyway, I would like some input on the site. I tried my hardest for cross-browser compatibility (making the site look the same on all browsers) but it's tough because there isn't a completely accepted system for all browsers yet. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] Anyway, I would like to see if you all like the look of it, if it reads OK (my husband said the white text on the blue that I used couldn't be read very easily; the font size could be increased if people don't like it), if it navigates OK, etc. The current site (the purple version that you get when you click on the link in my sig) involves too much scrolling (multiple windows) and is too wide, so I'm hoping this redesigned site works better on both counts.
None of the states or countries in the directory work yet, and most of the past newsletters don't either. But I will do those once I have the layout finalized.
I also learned how to do animated rollover imagemaps, and made one as the header for every page (the site menu). The animation is cool, I think, but unfortunately even with a good internet connection, the first time you put the cursor on any of the links, it takes a second or two for the animation to download and play.
Oh, and best of all, I've moved what I've done of the site so far onto a friend's server, so NO ADS and NO downtime when lots of people access it at once! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
OK, enough yakking, here's the link!
Click here
