-
George W.
What do you guys think of Mr. Bush? I don't mean so much as the President, but as a person.
I think he is basically a good and honest man. Has he made mistakes? Sure. His biggest "blunder" has been the war in Iraq. I just don't think that is entirely his fault. Like the rest of the world, he was given bad intel. and he has listened to some bad advice.
Good, bad or otherwise you have to admit he has taken a strong stance against terrorism. When he stood at the Trade Center rubble and said "the people who knocked these buildings down will hear from us all soon" I did not doubt him for a second. The man has had to make more difficult decisions than any other President in our history. I would certainly not want to be in his shoes. As much as I hate our troops having to fight on foreign soil, fighting here would be even worse. As for the war in Iraq, Saddam brought that on by playing games with the weapons inspectors. I don't know if he had WMD or not, but he certainly gave the impression he was hiding something. It was all a game to him. If he had just abided by the UN sanctions he would still be in power and our troops would not be there. But that probably would not be a good thing either.
-
Re: George W.
i agree with you man. i personally love George W. as a man, leader, and our president. you're right about him having to make crucial decisions like no other pres. in history. FDR and Lincoln had similar decisions but they lived in a much larger world. now with technology and world travel as easy as ever, the world is smaller. foreign invaders is always a distinct possibility. i admire the work of president bush.
-
Re: George W.
The war in Iraq was wrong, he is messing up Social Security, he has the National Debt at the highest mark ever, his involvment with oil looks bad to the American People, he hasn't killed Bin Laden, home ownership is going down, but he has stopped Gay Marriage. I personally dont see whats so great about him.
-
Re: George W.
I feel exactly as you do PVVikeFan. Especially about the Saddam issue. Had he abided by what was agreed upon after Desert Storm, this would not have happened. Unforunately, another person allowed Saddam to play the game for such a long time without any "Checks or Balances" in my opinion.
-
Re: George W.
well since u asked as a person and not a president...
the only thing that comes to mind was his little "joke" he tried to tell during one of the debates which was made fun of on snl.
"Apprently my opponent thinks I own a lumber yard...hahaha hey need some wood?" "maybe i can help pay off some of this national debt with this lumber yard i supposingly own."
I think all in all regardless of what you believe politically you should try your best to support the president of this great nation. even if in your opinion (which is totally allowed in this country, unlike most of the world) you think the president isnt so great.
-
Re: George W.
Honestly I hope he is doing what he thinks is best for the country. As a person I dont know how anyone could judge that considering none of us know him personally.
-
Re: George W.
I think he is a good person. But some stuff he has done I don't agree with.
-
Re: George W.
i like the president....and i loved that joke he said while he was in the debate...that was awsome....i think he has done a good job considering everthing he has had to go through...so i agree with pvikefan
-
Re: George W.
how can anyone on here really say how good of a man George W. is?? anyone ever hung out with the guy? went to school with him?
all we can lok at are his policies and what he does in the public eye...george w. is an idiot but not a big enough one to show a bad side in public
the only really horrible president we can say we've had in terms of a person is richard nixon
-
Re: George W.
Have you hung out with Nixon? Did you go to school with him?