Vick to miss the 2006 opener
he had been suspended for the 2006 opener which has been the precedent set from Butler from UVa doing the same thing to Kiwi, which he got a 1 game suspension
they've met (coaching staff, vick, jim weaver and the Pres of VT) and agreed on a one game suspension
expect it to be announced within the next couple of weeks
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
I agree with it in one way and in another I don't. If Marcus had a pretty clean record then I would agree, but with his track record I would have liked to have seen a stiffer penalty. He is a talented athlete but the Hokies are stocked with other QB's that would suffice also.
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
i think it'll be one game b/c he'll sit out spring practice as well
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
Beamer needs to come down hard on him, make an example out of him."If you're going to play at VT, this is what you can expect if you misbehave." That message needs to go out across the land, that this type activity will not be tolerated at VT.
I'm afraid MV has had so many chances now, he is going to scoff and shrugg off any punishment he gets...unless its stiff enough to really get his attention.
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
Is that a game with Kent State?
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
it'll be either kent state or at fresno state
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
They should make him play 1 game for UT. That would teach him a lesson [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
Re: Vick to miss the 2006 opener
atleast UT players dont attack other players on the field.
VT= Virginia Thugs