Where is the game being played ? Predictions on who will win.
Printable View
Where is the game being played ? Predictions on who will win.
Game is at Coeburn and I expect one heck of a game. Should be a good one to watch.
I'm also expecting a great game, I'm also expecting a packed house, better get there early...
I think they could easily split the 2 regular season games. If GC can start hitting some foul shots they'll be ok.
Will the Knights play zone against the Devils and if so which one???
Post deleted by bishop4uk
I wish I knew the score already, if so I would go ahead and buy a lotto ticket also.
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Will the Knights play zone against the Devils and if so which one???
[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Why would this matter all that much? I think that maybe they'll mix up some zone with more man than zone through the night. Coeburn's played man-up with most teams all season long; it's how Jeff likes to play. According to what I've heard from people who've played both us & GC, GC doesn't have that great of outside shooting (comes in spurts), and also that Coeburn should have the advantage on the glass. Coeburn likely won't press that much, they'll pick up halfcourt with man-to-man. No gimmicks here.
I truly believe it will all come down to foul trouble for our front line. If Pate & Lawson both get into foul trouble, then we'll be hurting. If one or the other of them is in trouble, then it's not so bad b/c we can go small with four G/F's and either Pate or Ogre down low. This will make the game harder on Coeburn, but as I've said if Coeburn shows up to play how they can, minimizes mistakes (because that's one thing about Vermillion's teams, they will hurt you on points off TO's if you let them), and doesn't drop into the doldrums of a shooting slump, then Coeburn should pull this out...but it will be a highly competitive and well-played game, of that I'm almost 100% sure.
Good luck to both teams this evening.
It matters because if Coeburn plays man to man, GC will destroy them.
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It matters because if Coeburn plays man to man, GC will destroy them.
[/ QUOTE ]
Your opinion. Come and watch. I really hope now that you've said that that Coeburn comes out, man to man, and beats the snot out of GC so I can come back and ask you if you feel the same way. Having said that, I still feel they'll mix up defenses to keep GC's offense off-track, and try to create turnovers. I'm telling you right now, GC will have to beat Coeburn from the perimeter, unless Pate and Lawson have off-games tonight. For once, it's GC that will have to stop Coeburn's weapons, not the other way around. If GC goes man-to-man against Coeburn, they'll destroy GC. A mix of both zone & man is what both teams need to do.
You seen Coeburn play at all this year? Or are you letting that ole Devil bias talk you into thinking that?
I'd assume the latter of those two...