Peyton Manning's Post game comments
I'm not a big fan of having to walk to the podium after a loss. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on what he said. He said he wanted to be a good teammate, but he had some protection problems today. Is that calling out your lineman or what? BTW i do like Manning, just thought it was a little uncalled for.
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
Its getting ugly in Indy! Manning, at a press conference, said he wanted to be a "good teammate" but then said he had people in his face all game. Yeah well its the truth, but I dont think you call out your teammates on TV like that. He just looked lost for most of the game. This guy is regular season only. He fades away in the money games.
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
I don't think there was anything wrong with it. It was obvious they couldn't block anyone when they blitzed. That was one comment that Fox cut out of a news conference. I'm sure that 99% of what he said was positive toward the Steelers and his own team.
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
It was enough to get Terry Bradshaw to man up against Peyton. Never thought i would hear that.
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
Hope so, always thought he was a class act.
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
I don't think James Brown was too impressed with Bradshaw's comments either. Saying "we're always covering for you". Probably in jest, but not totally.
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
May be right. They job back and forth so much, it's hard for me to tell. BTW, i never knew how big JB was until i saw him and Howie standing side by side this year.
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
Manning is the best quarterback in the game period. And anyone who watched that game today at all could tell you he did not get much protection. That being said the Steelers defense proved the old cliche "A great defense beats a great offense." I think people look into post game interviews too much. Especially from the losing side. What was he supposed to say? Yeah I passed for 300 yards, but if I had passed for 400 we would have won. I mean come on,
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
Great arguement but its the same old thing each year. I use to defend him but this monkey is jumping off the bandwagon! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Re: Peyton Manning's Post game comments
Told ya Ironlung, if he won it this year, its all him, but if he doesnt win it this year, its ALL on him.
Peyton-Dan Marino, part two.