There is a debate over at good ole ESPN.com about the greatest college basketbal lteam ever. They even have all the teams in a bracket. What is your all's opinion on who is the best ever?
Best Ever
Printable View
There is a debate over at good ole ESPN.com about the greatest college basketbal lteam ever. They even have all the teams in a bracket. What is your all's opinion on who is the best ever?
Best Ever
I saw one where UCLA when Walton was a senior was #1 and Kentucky '96 was #2
In my lifetime I would say either the 90 Vegas team that trashed Duke or 96 Ky. I think 91 Vegas was right there but they just had a bad game, a game they win 9 out of 10 times.
In the 20 years I have followed NCAA basketball its pretty easy choice: '92 Blue Devils
My all time final 4 is:
'67 Bruins
'76 Hoosiers
'92 Blue Devils
'74 Wolf Pack
I think you guys are right on with some of the teams that's been listed so far. Everytime I see this discussed concerning college Basketball I always think about the 1984 Tar Heels, which very possibly could have pulled off an undefeated season. However, Kenny Smith broke his wrist when they were 18-0 and they were not the same ball club after that. He came back and played with a cast on his left arm and needless to say it wasn't very successful. His injury would have been the equivalent of Duke losing Hurley in '92. Despite having Laettner and Hill they would not have been the same and most certainly wouldn't have won the title.
They had some lineup though....Smith, Jordan, Perkins and Brad Daugherty on the inside. They ended up 28-3 with the disappointing lost to a red hot Steve Alford and Indiana in the sweet 16.
What did Walton shoot his last college game- 22 of 25 from the floor? Or maybe it was 11 of 13 for 22 points, I noticed that the ACC and SEC got a lot better when Wooden retired, [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I guess the rest of the country did.
Yeah the '84 Heels were a special team. One of the best ever not to win a championship along with '91 UNLV, '85 Georgetown and the '99 Duke team.