Check out the ridiculous AV system we're putting in - bottom pics.
Printable View
with the glass on the side and the sun shining through, it reminds me alot of Allen Fieldhouse.
Im going to do my best to go to the home opener so I can see Lute and the boys give your hoos the first L in their new building [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I went to the last arizona/uva game at c'ville and uva destroyed them. Last year it was just the opposite, I think arizona won by 30+. Its sort of a stupid series to have because both teams are so far away and cant really give their best effort once they get there. The travel is murder.
Maybe the VH$L will have the state tournaments in the new arena. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Then I woke up. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the VH$L will have the state tournaments in the new arena. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Then I woke up. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
[/ QUOTE ]
Would be nice, but the VHSL just signed a deal with VCU through 2015. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Yeah my brother told me about that after I posted. That wasn't much of a shock. It makes sense though. Who doesn't like having to keep lookin over your shoulder while you're walking down the street? Good ole Richmond. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Is this just for single A schools of for A - AAA?
I'd say VCU's arena is just about the right size for the A tournament. That part of campus isn't so bad, just don't walk alone... especially at night haha.
hey wahoo, what are they doing with U hall, tearing it down or what? That wouldnt be a bad place to play either, it was terrific back in the late 80s to play state basketball there.
Oddly enough they're leaving it up, at least for now, which is beyond me because JPJ has enough practice courts to house both mens and womens practices at the same time and it will be the new site for all major indoor activities at the University.
I think last I heard it would be used for IM sports and stuff, but now that you mention it that would be a much better venue for A VHSL championships. With an 8000 capacity I'd say it's just right, plus you wouldn't have to watch your back like you would at good ol' VCU.
yeah i never do like it at VCU...the facility you have now for IM is pretty nice, i cant remember the name of it, but it's pretty close to U Hall