My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
As most of you know I play online poker, I make enough to keep spending money here at school, I dont use it as a job or anything but it keeps me living. Anyway, our great US Government (specifically our good friend from TN) decides to tie an online gambling ban to Port Authority? Looks as if the government is now telling me how to spend my money.
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
I don't hate anybody and don't hate democrats persay as a whole but I have a pretty strong dislike for left-wing liberals. They will ultimately lead to the downfall of this country in my opinion. The ACLU is an embarrassment to me as a U.S. citizen.
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
I intensely dislike them all. It matters not whether or not they are Republican or Democrat. These folks have never had to bust their [censored] to make a living. They sit in their cozy mansions/ suites, caring not about me, you, or any other working folk, and election after election we have 2 crooks and we have to decide which is the lesser of two evils that we have to chose from. I get tickled hearing folks go at it on here and other sites about politics. They could care less about all of us.
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
Kind of my line of thinking
There seems to be more than a fair share of idiots on both sides
Its really hard to get good candidates because they have to 'play the game' to get a nomination from the party. There are a few who will give up something less important to get something more important but most of the time, that only lasts a term or maybe two at most, then they have to say/do whatever it takes to be reelected.
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
Hate is a pretty strong word. As a friend just this past Saturday said to me "I don't see how anyone can claim to be a Christian and support the Democratic Party's platform."
While I agree with his statement, I also recognize that there is plenty in the Republican Party that bears scrutiny.
I don't hate Democrats, nor do I even dislike them. But I do have a strong aversion to their national platform.
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
Hate is a strong word. I had to change my post a little.
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
I think thats my problem, there is parts on both programs that I don't like or disagree with. That's one of the biggest reasons I have a hard time of people 'being' a Democrat or Republican. I mean its fine to have a mostly conservative view or a mostly liberal view, but I can't stand just supporting someone due to their party.
At one point, I would have loved to have gotten into politics, but the realization that you can't do what you think is right, no matter which party you are in, unless it about goes with the bigwigs of that party is extremely discouraging.
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
[ QUOTE ]
I intensely dislike them all. It matters not whether or not they are Republican or Democrat. These folks have never had to bust their [censored] to make a living. They sit in their cozy mansions/ suites, caring not about me, you, or any other working folk, and election after election we have 2 crooks and we have to decide which is the lesser of two evils that we have to chose from. I get tickled hearing folks go at it on here and other sites about politics. They could care less about all of us.
[/ QUOTE ] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bingo (i really like this game)
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
[ QUOTE ]
Hate is a pretty strong word. As a friend just this past Saturday said to me "I don't see how anyone can claim to be a Christian and support the Democratic Party's platform."
Very true on all accounts. No party and no person is perfect. Both have their skeletons locked away somewhere. The national party platform is also what I have a problem with in relation to the democratic party. Each individual just has to decide what they believe in and what they stand for and choose the candidate which most closely resembles that...or atleast appears to do so. Thats all we can do folks. No candidate and no party is going to be perfect and no candidate is going to match up with everything each individual voter believes. As bad as the system seems to be at times I think its safe to say it could be alot worse.
While I agree with his statement, I also recognize that there is plenty in the Republican Party that bears scrutiny.
I don't hate Democrats, nor do I even dislike them. But I do have a strong aversion to their national platform.
[/ QUOTE ]
Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.
I remember my grandfater fussing about the election almost every year because he didn't like the democratic nominee or the patform of the party but he would vote for them anyway because that is what the union said to do and if they found out that he voted republican it wouldn't be good.