Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
"I have a 17 month old and right now He praises the Lord..."
You know, I might get railed for this by other users on here, but I don't really care. Don't you see that as brainwashing your child? To be a 17 month old, he has had to have had that pounded into him on a daily basis to be able to repeat that...and honestly, do you think he knows what it means? I have a friend who constantly gets his kids to repeat cuss words, thinking it's funny. Is it, of course not...but do the kids know what they're saying? No. My mother did the best thing for me she ever could concerning religion. She used to make me go when I was young, but in that time when I was going, she never preached the scriptures to me...she knew at that young age I did not understand. But when I got old enough, she gave me the choice as to whether to continue to go with her or not. You can't have the Word of God forced upon you, salvation has to come to your heart on your own accord.
Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
Well you are right you must accept yourself... but is this what you are trying to say... Kids learn what they see and hear. He sees my wife and I doing it so he mimics us... so I take that as a compliment. Thank you so much.
Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
I'm sorry, no...that's not what I'm trying to say. How does your child say his first word? From a parent's repitition (i.e. "Da-da"). For a child that young you would have to be actively trying to get him to do it...not going to pick up on it himself.
Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
A kid can 'mimic' and not learn
Why is it that we always heard that preachers kids end up being the worst [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
actually language formation that young has nothing to do with understanding what the child is saying, it is the parents that hear a sound that sounds like an actual word, reinforce it, and the child learns. It's amazing to watch, to see learning taking place.
Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
No i am sorry that is not true... never once held his arm up and said do this.... he watches cartoons and the cartoons are not urging him on... he just repeats their sayings. I would know better than you since He is my son, right? That is what you may have seen but for this situation that is not true. We need to be discussing this on the religion forum but for some reson it will not let me reply... so until then......
Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
Thanks for the in depth analysis, but I believe I did say in my post that the child that young would not understand what he is saying. I did study child psychology myself.
Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......
Can a kid mimic and not learn... not if the repeat that act or behavior... I have been a minister for 10 years and I understand what you are saying.... on the other hand most believe this way based on what I am reading.... just because you speak the word or teac the word does not mean that you are forcing nor judging... someone may accept it or decline it... but to say it is beiong forced is not correct.I only feel like I am being judged if the person says something that I have going on in my life and I do not wish to change it... get what I AM SAYING.. BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND... I AM A CHILD BEHAVIOR SPECIALIST, sorry... from adolesence to adulthood we all have learned traits... if not we would all be mentally handicapped.