so who is the biggest heisman flop?
right off the top of my head, I think of Ron Dayne
Printable View
so who is the biggest heisman flop?
right off the top of my head, I think of Ron Dayne
Gino Torreta
Chris Weinke, Gino Torreta, Danny Weurfull, Jason White
Eric Crouch?
I can agree with all of those... i'll add Eric Crouch to the list as well..
i remember he got signed by the Rams as a free agent, and then retired? or something...
Heisman trophy seems to be a meaningless trophy
here's a list of past winners...
http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/h...hy_winners.htm
Pretty much anyone who won from 80-2001, save for 5-6.
2005 Reggie Bush Southern California RB
2004 Matt Leinart Southern California QB
2003 Jason White Oklahoma QB
2002 Carson Palmer Southern California QB
2001 Eric Crouch Nebraska QB
2000 Chris Weinke Florida State QB
1999 Ron Dayne Wisconsin RB
1998 Ricky Williams Texas RB
1997 Charles Woodson Michigan DB/WR
1996 Danny Wuerffel Florida QB
1995 Eddie George Ohio State RB
1994 Rashaan Salaam Colorado RB
1993 Charlie Ward Florida State QB
1992 Gino Torretta Miami QB
1991 Desmond Howard Michigan WR
1990 Ty Detmer Brigham Young QB
1989 Andre Ware Houston QB
1988 Barry Sanders Oklahoma State RB
1987 Tim Brown Notre Dame WR
1986 Vinny Testaverde Miami QB
1985 Bo Jackson Auburn RB
1984 Doug Flutie Boston College QB
1983 Mike Rozier Nebraska RB
1982 Herschel Walker Georgia RB
1981 Marcus Allen Southern California RB
1980 George Rogers South Carolina RB
I counted 14 pro-bowlers, so its not as bad as it looks.
and desmond howard, a super bowl MVP.
I don't care what you or mega say, Woodson has never impressed me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wouldn't consider Howard great either because he returned a ko in the superbowl. I'd say he's a bust for the most part.
What you mentioned is the truth though. It's either you're solid/really good or you're a disaster. Who are you counting as 14 pro bowlers from 80-01? I'm not sure on many of those. I could see Allen, Jackson, Brown, Sanders, George, Woodson, Williams, Walker.
I saw that Rodgers was his first year as well. Considering he only played about 3-4 years, you'd have to consider that a bust for the most part as well.