va became the first state to formally apologize for slavery. thoughts???
Printable View
va became the first state to formally apologize for slavery. thoughts???
That's stupid. why apologize for something that happened so many many years ago? Also, slavery never started here, it was just carried over when they discovered this new land.
I'm with steer on this one, why apologize?
My thoughts?
"Wow, that's pointless and stupid. Get over it and move on - the past will remain the past."
hahahahahaha
when discussing a state making a formal apology for slavery:
" Get over it and move on - the past will remain the past. "
thats my new sig.
I can understand why most blacks are affectedd but I agree. It was over 140 years ago. It's time to move on and quit acting like you're still a slave.
IMO, an official apology is worthwhile, especially if it is earnest. I personally believe it is a clear Biblical principle - nations are called to repent; so too should a state. Who knows - we may receive more of God's favor as a result.
LOL
No, we'll just see the state of Virginia getting sued now [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I wonder when Italy is going to send me an apology for the Romans enslaving my ancestors?? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
va became the first state to formally apologize for slavery. thoughts???
[/ QUOTE ]
Did anyone alive today have anything at all to do with slavery? So what is the point of an appology for something somebody else did over 100 years ago? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Makes no sense to me.