If anyone would like to post pictures of the coolest looking Super-8 cameras (be it for the exotic design, (a bolex 160 comes to mind), or for their outer beauty (a Canon 814 or 1014XLS comes to mind), this is the thread to do it on.
Printable View
If anyone would like to post pictures of the coolest looking Super-8 cameras (be it for the exotic design, (a bolex 160 comes to mind), or for their outer beauty (a Canon 814 or 1014XLS comes to mind), this is the thread to do it on.
Looks like the Bauer C2M. I've had 2 and always wished I kept one. Its a great camera for the price and I loved that wiping mask fader via cable release! My only complaint was the focussing screen, that cross line or whatever it was blew.
Yup, it's a C2M, good call. So do you think $15 is a good price for it? I'm starting to get into the whole super-8 thing, and this will be my first camera.
Coolest looking to me has always been the Beaulieu 4008 series.
http://home.attbi.com/~elmobuff/super8/be3.jpg
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AGray:
Yup, it's a C2M, good call. So do you think $15 is a good price for it? I'm starting to get into the whole super-8 thing, and this will be my first camera.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very good price, in fact if fully working that is a steal. One of the two I sold went for $160 on ebay.
Its a solid first camera. It has 12, 18, 24 fps and full manual exposure control. Having manual control over the aperture is important if you really get into filming and want to improve your cinematography.
One recommendation is to get a standard cable release from a local photo store. There are three cable sockets on this camera. One for single frame, one for continuous run and a third is a "wiping mask" for doing manual fades.
Cool, thank you. I only wanted the camera based on looks alone. Now i know i can actually get some real use out of it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
BTW, now i want one of those beaulieus too. (thanks alot) [img]wink.gif[/img]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cameraguy:
Looks like the Bauer C2M. I've had 2 and always wished I kept one. Its a great camera for the price and I loved that wiping mask fader via cable release! My only complaint was the focussing screen, that cross line or whatever it was blew.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
What is a wiping mask fader? Do you mean they made a super-8 camera that would "wipe" to black? I've never seen that on a Super-8 camera.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Super8 Filmmaking in the DigitalAge:
What is a wiping mask fader? Do you mean they made a super-8 camera that would "wipe" to black? I've never seen that on a Super-8 camera.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup, kind of like a second shutter. I loved the manual nature of it. You control the speed of the fade by how fast/slow you depress/release the cable.
This is the Bauer i found. Thought it looked nice. Has that deco-streamline look to it.
http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_...d5f7c1/i-1.JPG