-
Thoughts
Pitiful game last night, it was like neither team wanted to win, CW had several chances to put the game away as did PV. Neither team wanted it, or thats how it seemed. Glad to see that another incident didn't happen last night. PV is back against the wall like they were in 05, see if they can rally and get back into the playoffs, pretty sure they have to win out. PV schedule is killing them, not making excuses because they very well could be 5-0. However, there is no doubt in my mind that they would be at worst 3-2 if they pulled scheduling gimicks like some other schools around here. Sad thing is they could go 7-3 and have wins over 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs. PV right now just doesn't have "it" I dont know what "it" is but it's obvious it's not there. First time in a long time I extremely disagreed with Coach Robbins last night, should've just pounded the ball with Pinkston and that game wouldn't have been close, you cant let a man take you down to the 35-30 yard line every time then decide to throw the ball. PV Fans are awful, getting up and leaving during the game when they have the ball with a chance to win, diehard night at the park next week, come watch PV play TW and get free admission if you can recite the 82 state championship roster.
-
Re: Thoughts
The PV 82 roster, huh? Sounds like a good bit of trivia. Not to hijack the thread, but let's see if I can't give you a few right off the bat. Troy Chandler (my idol as an 8th grader, Moose McKinney, Jim Jessee, John Owens, Forty Jackson, Duane Phillips, David Clendenon, John Snodgrass, Phillip Hoskins(?),Joe Mullins, David Carter, Mike Tiller, Russ Moore. Help!! I got faces, but need names.
-
Re: Thoughts
Haha, I know of like five players off that team.
-
Re: Thoughts
My dad played on that team.
-
Re: Thoughts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dad played on that team. </div></div>
No I didn't.
-
Re: Thoughts
^^^^
That was pretty good lung, well placed.
-
Re: Thoughts
I just got home with my yearbook from '82. anybody who wants to go for free, just let me know.
-
Re: Thoughts
Lord I wish PV had just lined up and pounded the ball it seemed Clintwood did a pretty good job vs that running out of the spread is what scared the snot out of me and IMHO PV would be a better team if they did that more and passed/ran out of the Veer less
I also think that after this cycle Clintwood may be looking to soften up there schedule as well (Playing tough teams to prepare you for the playoffs is only a good idea if you can make the playoffs with that schedule)