-
Best Actor..
of my generation, I personally feel is Leonardo Dicaprio
Blood Diamond, Gangs of New York, The Departed, The Aviator, Catch me if you can, The Basketball Diaries etc.
I think he is an amazing actor I cannot name a film he was in I dont like, except maybe Critters 3 hahah.
-
Re: Best Actor..
Don't tell me you enjoyed Titanic. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Worst date of my life and I had to sit thru a 15 hour film.
I am going to have to think about this one and get back with ya.
-
Re: Best Actor..
Denzel Washington
I also like Gene Hackman, but his resume doesn't compare to DW, imo.
-
Re: Best Actor..
Johnny Depp...without a doubt. I'm not crazy about him, but he can play any part and he is the best of his generation...and that includes Leonardo DiFagglio...lol
-
Re: Best Actor..
-
Re: Best Actor..
I think they are talking about younger actors...but IMO Costner, Connery, Hopkins, Hanks and Sam Jackson are all better than Morgan Freeman...Freeman is limited in his parts.
-
Re: Best Actor..
Well, Im 28. Dicaprio is 32.
Denzel is in his late 40's if not his 50's.
I love Brad Pitt as well, he is in his 40's.
I was taking age into consideration here.
And yeah Titanic isnt a bad movie.
-
Re: Best Actor..
deniro
pacino
SLJ
three of the most diverse actors of this or any era
lock the thread.......this ones over
-
Re: Best Actor..
Really? Im a huge fan of the first two, but neither one has really done anything outside playing a mobster/gangster that stands out to me. I dont think they are very diverse, they make or were in the best movies ever, but I think The Godfather when I see them, even when its Jake Lamatta (sp).
Ill stick by Dicaprio in the argument, especially of his generation.
-
Re: Best Actor..
deniro.....mean streets.....taxi driver.....ragingbull.....meet the parents/fockers......heat.......men of honor......sleepers.....cape fear......ronin.....jackie brown
all movies he killed that were mobster flicks
pacino.....serpico.....cruising......dog day afternoon.......scarface......scent of a woman.....glengarry glenn ross.......carlitos way......heat.......2 for the money.....any given sunday......oceans 13
some of his best where he didnt play a mobster
and theres another movie coming out later this year where they star side by side and are featured together for much of the movie......its called rigtheous kill........see it......its a cop flick
to say that those two arent very diverse is just downright dumb
they can do much more than mobster flicks......thats just what they do best
godfather......casino......bronx tale......donnie brasco
mob movies are only a very small part of their respective resumes