A few towns, I wont mention names, Appalachia, would benefit from it. Its long over due.
Printable View
A few towns, I wont mention names, Appalachia, would benefit from it. Its long over due.
This is not crack on Appalachia as most of my family comes from there but many of them need to take off their blue and gold colored glasses and realize that we would probably need consolidation.
here we go...
yeah this isnt gonna be good, even though that shiity ghost town right outside big stone needs to move on.
I would just say that a few people over there need to get over themselves
Well, being from Appy, I will always hold a spot in my mind for the ole' blue and gold, just like most of the older people in East Stone Gap hold a spot for the Tigers, but I feel it is time to move on and think of the county's future: our children's education. To hell with the sports arguments, less than 1% of the athletes in our schools go on to further their education in college. Then, most of them that go on to school and play sports, end up dropping out of college.
Consolidation will never happen. We need to have a county wide vote.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sherk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Consolidation will never happen. We need to have a county wide vote. </div></div>
Exactly because the large numbers of Wise and BSG could crush the few of Appalachia, then we can better the county for future generations.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah this isnt gonna be good, even though that shiity ghost town right outside big stone needs to move on. </div></div>
Wonder where some of the attitudes come from? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Build one school near Norton and close the rest. LCCH is all we heard. Wonder how the 4 buck gas will warp the studies? Wonder how the studies to study the studies will work out?
How do we go about getting a county wide vote? Does the School Board have to ask the Board of Supervisors to put it on the ballot? I think a county wide vote is the only way it will ever be settled.