-
Alaskan comics
The monthlong trial revealed that employees for oil services company VECO Corp. transformed the senator's modest mountain cabin into a modern, two-story home with wraparound porches, a sauna and a wine cellar.
The Senate's longest-serving Republican, Stevens said he had no idea he was getting freebies. He said he paid $160,000 for the project and believed that covered everything.
Stevens had asked for an unusually speedy trial, hoping he'd be exonerated in time to return to Alaska and win re-election. He kept his campaign going and gave no indication that he had a contingency plan in case of conviction.
Despite being a convicted felon, he is not required to drop out of the race or resign from the Senate. If he wins re-election, he can continue to hold his seat because there is no rule barring felons from serving in Congress. The Senate could vote to expel Stevens on a two-thirds vote.
"Put this down: That will never happen "? ever, OK?" Stevens said in the weeks leading up to his trial. "I am not stepping down. I'm going to run through and I'm going to win this election.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27398089/?GT1=43001
Another felon to run...what will they think of next? Guess that is like welfare for the Pubs , since he gets food, board and healthcare while in the slammer. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: Alaskan comics
Maybe they will put him in the same cell as Tony Rezko. That would cut expenses. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
When you're taking your medicine it's fun to argue politics with you. At least you do make sense sometimes. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: Alaskan comics
Da plot thickens-
updated 4 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - Law enforcement agents have broken up a plot by two neo-Nazi skinheads to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 88 black people, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Monday.
In court records unsealed Monday in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn., federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school in a murder spree that was to begin in Tennessee. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name.
Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of ATF's Nashville field office, said the two men planned to kill 88 African Americans, including 14 by beheading. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27405681/
-
Re: Alaskan comics
-
Re: Alaskan comics
I was wondering when this might start. Although, I dont like and wont vote for Obama....THAT is definately NOT the answer.
-
Re: Alaskan comics
How much do you think the secret service will have to step up his first term? I mean I know there will be a few times, whether it be plots or actually firing. I would imagine he wont be out too much.
-
Re: Alaskan comics
Well we agree on something. I think he will be a shut in for some time. And from what I hear...one of our Big Stone Gap secret service guys has been assigned to him.
-
Re: Alaskan comics
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Is that good or bad?
-
Re: Alaskan comics
-
Re: Alaskan comics
Well he's a big old dude, so I would guess it's good for Obama. Remember Todd Meade?