Re: driver retaining screws
Nothin? No thoughts? No opinions?:confused:
Re: driver retaining screws
I've used both with no issues. I prefer stainless bolts, but here they don't cost much more.
YMMV.
Re: driver retaining screws
A 10-32 carbon steel machine screw has 1200 lbs tensile, so "the rest of the story" is what really matters. ;)
Re: driver retaining screws
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Old Guy
I've used both with no issues. I prefer stainless bolts, but here they don't cost much more.
I thought about stainless, but didn't want to pay extra for it if I was going to end up with Philips head screws. I didn't even look at the price of stainless Allen head.... the regular Allen head was high enough.
Re: driver retaining screws
Quote:
Originally Posted by
bfish
A 10-32 carbon steel machine screw has 1200 lbs tensile, so "the rest of the story" is what really matters. ;)
I guess what bothers me is the possibility of the driver being shifted before being tightened down since the screws are smaller than the holes in the driver, plus the heads are small..... even with washers.
Didn't get my driver, like I was hoping. Found a Beyma 12LX60 on ebay cheap.
Re: driver retaining screws
Well, there's always collar bolts..........
GM
Re: driver retaining screws
Quote:
Originally Posted by
GM
Well, there's always collar bolts..........
I'm not familiar with collar bolts..... I did see a type of screw/bolt that had a larger head, but it didn't look like it was any bigger than a washer.
Re: driver retaining screws
You probably are and just don't know what they're known as at the manufacturing level. Lawnmowers or other plastic hub wheel devices use them as axles. Other examples:
Hex Head Bolts,Collar Bolts Manufacturer,Hex Head Bolts Exporter,Collar Bolts Supplier,India,Manufacturers,Exporters
Hexagon collar bolts
Usually found at auto parts or the better stocked hardware emporiums.
GM
Re: driver retaining screws
Ok, I've seen those before..... probably labeled as shoulder bolts, or axle bolts. I don't think I've seen any small enough for my needs, Though. I suppose McMaster-Carr probably has them.
The second link you provided was a bit different..... the step was tapered. I wonder if they get used in some sort of centering application.
I guess I'll use what I've already purchased. I think each driver takes 8 screws in this application, and like Bfish was indicating, they won't pull out. Money is definitely an issue at this point. I'll just have to be careful to get them lined up right.
Still waiting on the driver :(