Cal Poly Pomona in Div II Title Game Today
Cal Poly Pomona faces Findlay for the NCAA Div II National Championship today on CBS at 10am. Congrats and good luck to CPP. They had an amazing run considering their travel schedule the last 2 weeks from LA to Seattle to Hawaii to Springfield, Ma.
Findlay is undefeated and ranked No. 1 in the nation so a CPP upset is unlikely but go Broncos!
Re: Cal Poly Pomona in Div II Title Game Today
Lots of interesting talk about this on the D2Basketball.com board...
D2Basketball.com - The Web's Best Address for D2Basketball
Re: Cal Poly Pomona in Div II Title Game Today
Great game Pomona! I thought they might actually win it. I will say it felt a little weird cheering for Gordon and the gang but they did a good job. If they had made more of their free throws they just might have won it all. I think they really shocked the other team and the announcers. Great showing for the CCAA, even if it wasn't Humboldt. The entire time I just kept thinking how cool it would be to watch our boys play in that game, on National TV! Maybe next year..... UCLA in November, with any luck it will be around Nov 5th then I will be able to go watch them..... Go Jacks!
Re: Cal Poly Pomona in Div II Title Game Today
Also, I thought a couple of the ref's calls against CPP in the last minute were very questionable and pretty much gave the game to Findlay. The offensive foul called on Jahn was terrible after such a physical game and at that time of the OT. Then the reach foul on CPP (Summers I think) was again a terrible call that allowed Findlay to tie the game at 53-53.
CPP certainly had its chances in the OT (missed FT's) but the ref's certainly gave a big opportunity to Findlay.