Pigskin picks starts this week, Thursday's at 8 again. Coaches show this Thursday.
Printable View
Pigskin picks starts this week, Thursday's at 8 again. Coaches show this Thursday.
Yay-another year of stupid,bad jokes,and 80% of the show being wasted by silly antics (they think each other is funny apparently). Wouldn't it be great to have a show dedicated to actual football analysis,game breakdowns...the works,instead of hearing that retarded Sean Connery impression for the billonth time? The show turns my stomach.
Yeah,we know Huddle House chili is "smothered and covered" (figured that out after you said it for the thousandth time),but can you refrain from slopping your jaws on the air? No wonder folks laugh at us. Hasn't your mama taught you to eat like a human is supposed to eat,not slurping and slopping like a sow? (pet peeve of mine if you couldn't tell lol)
I honestly think that if WDIC or another area station would sponsor a show where 4-5 members of this board to go head-to-head with Pigskin Picks in their time slot that we would beat the pants off them as far as true football content goes, and eventually in # of listeners.
I've listened to a grand total of maybe 30 min's of that show within the last 5 years, and it's terrible--it used to be somewhat better. No offense to the guys on there, but talk about football--not the superfluous things that Unchained mentioned.
Good lord, sorry I brought it up.
Agree, if there was a good alternative, I think it would kill.
I don't claim to know everything, seldom do I claim to know anything, but it just sounds too much like a cluster every now and then.
I'd think it'd be cool to have three to five guys on the radio....being pretty professional but having their own personality.....kinda like an ESPN Monday Night Countdown or Sunday pregame preview. Where you have guys on there... with the personality of a Chris Berman... get on the radio..."And today down in Bullitt Park......its a rematch of two of the fiercest rivals in Southwest Virginia..... the Burton Rai-duhs and the Vikings from that Big Stone Gap in the mountain....the grounds that raised the Thomas and Julius Jones of the National Football League......go at it today for LPD supremacy. The Rai-duhs.. led by Mr. "Miles to go before I sleep" look to keep Bullitt Park wide awake ....and I'm sure the 150 yards gained last week in what was a huge game against those Wahoos from JJ Kelly....in which Jimbo dont call me Jumbo Adams circled the wagons against the Wahoos and let Mr. Miles lead them to their new Manifest Destiny in the LPD. But... wait a second... the family therapist in Big Stone... "Dr. Phil" Robbins always has a cure for any ailments that seem to be haunting PV in a game against the big bad Rai-duhs. Should be a fun time down in the Gap in what is always a great time for the fans and their supporters".
I'd listen to something like that all the time on the radio. Berman, and all that crew are great to listen to.
I'd pay money to get Harry Doyle to lead the broadcasts of any sports matchup in this area.