If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
you haven't paid enough attention.
MARK INGRAM.
Three straight career high games, exploding tonight for 247 yards on 24 carries with one TD.
Averaging 10 YPC, 118 yards after contact, plus 23 yards rushing.
Sets a record for rushing yards at Bryant-Denny stadium.
IF he isnt in the Heisman discussion now, I dont know what he will have to do.
Alabama up on South Carolina 20-6 with 4 mins to go in the 4th.
Re: If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
Alabama wins 20-6.
With all the penalties and turnovers (4), Alabama was able to hang tough and pull out a hard fought win.
Ingram led the Tide in receiving and rushing. The Bama D was nasty as usual, not allowing a TD, 6 points allowed overall.
Not a pretty win, but a win against a good USC team nonetheless.
Re: If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
I agree 100%
If you can include Tony Pike :confused:, Jordan Shipley :confused:, or Jimmy Clausen :rolleyes:, then you can put Ingram in there. IMO he should be at the TOP.
Re: If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
As the UT fans know, next week is the Bama/UT game in Tuscaloosa.
It will be a dog fight. Bama struggled mightly today passing the ball, I worry that UT may be able to slow the Bama rushing game down.
Bama's defense will be a tough task for the UT offense, but it seems to be clicking on all cylinders now.
Coming off the bye week, UT will be ready.
Re: If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
I see it being a typical SEC game and I see UT slowing Ingram down a little, which means close to 100 yards +/-, and the game going out 13-10, 16-13, 9-6, or something along those lines. There will be a lot of 8-9 men in the box for both sides forcing the other to throw the ball and will come down to which QB turns the ball over the least. Special teams and turnover will be the key.
Rivalry games are always difficult to predict so it is hard telling what will happen. Should be a good one and I can't wait until 3:30 Saturday
Re: If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
Ingram should get it...hands down.
Re: If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
UT was wanting to wear their home orange jerseys this weekend in Tuscaloosa, however, Bama denied them that.
The SEC approved it but Bama so no sir. It can be done just has to be approved by both teams. That is old school and would have loved to seen it but oh well. We still could do it but be assessed a 15 yard penalty to start the game.
Kiffin said as bad as we have been in kickoff coverage that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, that we aren't good enough to do this.
Re: If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by
UTVols2
I see it being a typical SEC game and I see UT slowing Ingram down a little, which means close to 100 yards +/-, and the game going out 13-10, 16-13, 9-6, or something along those lines. There will be a lot of 8-9 men in the box for both sides forcing the other to throw the ball and will come down to which QB turns the ball over the least. Special teams and turnover will be the key.
Rivalry games are always difficult to predict so it is hard telling what will happen. Should be a good one and I can't wait until 3:30 Saturday
I be ****, I was pretty accurate I do believe.....
Re: If this man isnt on your Heisman list..
yeah, you were very close.
I knew it would be like this, it always is. This week was hell on my nerves.
Ingram finished with 99 yards rushing, didnt really help his chances but it couldnt hurt any, him and big Cody were the only bright spots