Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
it's a good phone, no doubt about that... Just not into the touch screen.
If you're going to do a new phone, might as well go with the Tour. It's extremely fast and very smooth running.
The Curve actually runs smoother than the Storm
Havent' tried the Storm II
Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
I've got a Pearl now and I really like the touchscreens just didn't know how good it really was. I hate buying phones when they first come out because of all the kinks they normally gotta work out but the Storm has been out for a while now and wasn't for sure.
I really just need to try one out so I can see how the texting and stuff like that work on it.
I have thought about the Tour too
Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
I have the Storm, and I can't think of any bad things to say about it as long as you keep it locked when its in your pocket haha..
Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
Don't really know too many that have the Storm, I was thinking about getting one myself though. I have the Curve right now and love it, had it for awhile now and love it.
Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
I'm a Curve user. Love love love my curve!! But when our contract is up I may move on to another BB of some form. I just don't believe you can wrong with a BB.
Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
I think buy a phone you can dial numbers on, Take a picture to. Other than that its all extra money you waste.
Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
Right on Mike . Motorola $19.95 at Costco .
Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by
MikeJones
I think buy a phone you can dial numbers on, Take a picture to. Other than that its all extra money you waste.
Not so fast my friend. I use my phone for a whole lot more than just talking on it. 85% of my business gets done on my phone (email, viewing documents and sending documents, receiving faxes, looking up phone numbers, reading this forum :D, etc)
I really don't know what I would do without it or how I ran the business without it. :confused: It has also increased my business by a great deal because I can be quicker and turn time is next to nothing because of it.
Re: BlackBerry Storm.....
I'm with everyone who expresses apprehension or frustration about the touch screen. Not a touch screen fan, not on any device from a debit card terminal to a PDA/smart phone. Touch screens are so finicky and sensitive. Until the technology evolves a little more, they seem to be more trouble than they're worth, and too easy to injure.
I'm a Pearl user for now - I really like that it's small enough to fit in my pocket, and the SureType technology is great - it makes not having a full QWERTY keypad livable. That said, the screen is really small, and I'm not convinced the convenience of being able to stow the thing in my pocket outweighs the many, many benefits of larger, traditional BlackBerry models. I'll probably give another model a whirl when my contract is up - if I don't like it, I can always reactivate my trusty Pearl.
I would recommend heading over to CrackBerry.com ? The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers. In addition to lots of reviews of every BB model imaginable, there are also model-specific forums where you can read real users' real complaints. It's a good way to get a clearer picture of what bugs and inconveniences you're likely to encounter with any device. The site also has a great online store for accessories. And no, I'm not on their payroll. ;)
And I'm with UTVols2 - I really don't understand how I lived without the BlackBerry in my life. From the browsing capabilities to e-mail sync, from GPS mapping to a centralized calendar and to-do list, I'm now lost without this tiny little thing. They really are amazing devices for those whose jobs demand constant contact and a high level of organization.