What do you guys think of these?
Since we ARE the Ebay Altec Police, I'm sure you have noted them.
Urei 811A Altec Lansing -JBL-pair- NO RESERVE - eBay (item 330387423725 end time Dec-22-09 10:27:56 PST)
Rebuilt and tested by GPA.
Ron
Printable View
What do you guys think of these?
Since we ARE the Ebay Altec Police, I'm sure you have noted them.
Urei 811A Altec Lansing -JBL-pair- NO RESERVE - eBay (item 330387423725 end time Dec-22-09 10:27:56 PST)
Rebuilt and tested by GPA.
Ron
calling bs about the Sinatra and this quote "I wanted them for my home recording studio so I sent them out to Great Plains Audio to re-cone the speakers and replace the diaphragms on the horns.". If they were so great , why is he selling these, especially if all the "greats" used these in recording? =/ If this staement is true , these should be in a museum... just my 2 cents.....
But they do look good... & I would get them @ $600 if I could get them that low...
-chris
I wasn't looking at the claimed heritage. Just looking at the components. These crossovers go for big bucks.
Shipping quotes are abomidable.....$900 from NY to Oregon with cabs, $200 with just the drivers.
I've had cylinder heads shipped for less, they weigh more.
Ron
I think they are a relist, didn't sell at $700.
Geez, I've been watching those, he's about 5 mi from me... a divorce costs more than $600 though...
Dave
Ouch!Quote:
Shipping quotes are abomidable.....$900 from NY to Oregon with cabs
I really want a pair of Westlake subwoofers, but i know that once added to the price, shipping will be a dealbreaker. CA to NY might be the one rate worse than NY to OR.
Hmmm.. wonder why they didn't @ $700? For around this much they might be worth looking into... I know those XO go for a good price... somethings amiss about these then if they did not go for that low....
Worth sending a email to the seller..
-chris
The shipping is quite ridiculous if you did yourself called freightqoute with weight, dimensions and everything the most it should be is $400 in my opinion.Just did some freight.Essentially doubled.
Doh!!.. forgot about the villainous S word when it comes to ebay..... $400? whew!! I take it that is with the cabs then right? For that amount, and If I wanted them bad enough I would drive up to NY and pick them up myself... oh well , there's always a "catch".
-chris