My Altec 604 D on open baffle are ready and I am very happy for the sound !!!!
Printable View
My Altec 604 D on open baffle are ready and I am very happy for the sound !!!!
Cool. Can you tell us more? Do you have photos?
Congrats!
I too have a 604 (8G's) in OB and very happy. I tried them with cabs (612C) and went back to OB. If someone will ask how it worked for me, my answers would be(in order of importance to me):
1.)Room, room, room!
2.) SET amp with AC heaters. No PP, no IDHT, and definitely no SS.
3.) Art Deco Era 5 pin triodes circuits for Preamp.
5.) Classic Turn Table (idler drive) with 12 inch tonearms.
regards,
Abe
yes I have photos but I don't understand how I can post the photos here
I agree with you . my amp also is a Se and I have a 12 arm ( denon ) in my turntable ( Teac TN 4000).
here the photos :
Lots of room tuning objects, tastefully organised.;)
thanks I think that tuning objects are important for the final sound
in my experience stuff in front wall are very helping ....they more increase the soundstage and focus of sound.