How many of you all are going? I'd love a report on this, maybe they will announce what programs or government spending they want to cut.
Printable View
How many of you all are going? I'd love a report on this, maybe they will announce what programs or government spending they want to cut.
Where is it at?
Wise County Fairgrounds, I think? I saw a poster for it at the bank the other day. It's on Saturday.
if Bama didnt play at 3:30 today I would go up there just to see what is said.
I had to work so I didn't get to check it out. Anybody know how it went and what was said?
From what I've heard, it's the normal rhetoric. Boucher = Obama, cap and trade, blah blah blah. Nothing new, it was really a Griffith rally, which says a lot about Griffith associating himself with the Tea Party, wanted to who else associated their self with that group too. Heard not too many were there either, but a decent amount. My understanding it wasn't at the fairgrounds, it was moved to Zion.
It was at Zion. Apparently from what I understand and read that the Fairgrounds committee didn't want any political rallies up there. That is just what I have been told, I don't know whether it is true or not.
After reading a little and thinking about it, how can Zion host a political event like this? Is it not against rules since they are tax-exempt? I think there should be an investigation or something done, this doesn't sound legal and it definitely shouldn't be.
I think they rented the building for the event....
I think that's the problem, them receiving money from a political organization to host an event at their place, I don't think they can do that...I don't know though. I do think they shouldn't be able to, or just lose their tax-exempt status.