These look like Altec got together with Herman Miller, and whoever makes those plastic tubs for recycling.
Altec Modern Decor Prop Patio Outdoor Speaker Cabinets - eBay (item 130477668427 end time Feb-19-11 16:13:45 PST)
Printable View
These look like Altec got together with Herman Miller, and whoever makes those plastic tubs for recycling.
Altec Modern Decor Prop Patio Outdoor Speaker Cabinets - eBay (item 130477668427 end time Feb-19-11 16:13:45 PST)
A 'blast from the past': http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ome/page23.jpg
GM
300 bucks missing the 755E's?
He's got access to a lot better meds than i do.:doh:
The seller just happens to have a pair of 755s(no suffix) listed @ $899.99 BIN. I wonder if he knows the difference between WE755E/Altec 755A and the Altec 755E?
WOW!
Altec Rare 30762/755 Speakers 755 Speaker 8" Pair BIN - eBay (item 130477668793 end time Feb-19-11 16:14:51 PST)
Those are strange. I've never seen a 755 with an unpainted basket and backplate, Those look to be cadmium plated, very odd for genuine Altec.
I would bet my bottom dollar that they came out of the 829 patio cabs.Look at the cones "Weathered" IMO they were also coated for the outdoors(Waterproofed),they look more gray then black.That was the Altec tradition (No Labels) when they were putting speakers in cabs why waste money on foilcals and stickers/paint and such.
I've seen a lot of his auctions .Ridiculous prices.$3 bills for just the cabs. :laffingassoff:
Those were designed by a little known Altec engineer...Irish fellow named Paddy O'Speaker.:Hihee: