Altec 8 inch OEM for car use...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Altec-Xantech-Ve...item3cb72c966f
Printable View
Altec 8 inch OEM for car use...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Altec-Xantech-Ve...item3cb72c966f
I think the seller may be assuming it's car audio because of the coaxially mounted driver. A company called Xantech still exists, but they don't do car audio, it's all distributed stuff. Since the company I found says they started in 1969, I'd bet it's the same Xantech.
http://www.xantech.com/Contact/AboutUs/
Hard to deny the "vehicular use" printed on the foilcal.
But, i would have expected a 4 ohm nominal impedance.
Ah yes, the infamous 409 "ceiling" speaker. :)
Or a cruise ship, luxury aircraft, or even a motorhome. I think "vehicular use" is pretty broad and fairly vague.Quote:
I wonder if it was intended for something like a long haul bus.
I wonder if it had any specific qualifying features.
I wonder what, if any, differences there are beyond the foilcal from say a 409-8D.Quote:
Ah yes, the infamous 409 "ceiling" speaker.
I like this one more, but I'd need a bigger trunk.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-ALTEC-VOICE-...item33670a184f
Now that would be a nice score!
$1149 for a pair of 604-8g is not a bad price but the impedance readings look like a 16 ohm HF and an 8 ohm LF - sort of. They're in good shape by the looks of things but I'm sitting on 3 extra pairs of 604s as it is.
Kyle.
Would the voice-coil gap be larger for this application? :Thinking: