Vintage Altec Model 44a Preamplifier | eBay
Very cool looking unit--hope someone can resuscitate it. I wonder how it would compare sonically to my old Dynaco PAS-3X preamp--I loved that thing. I'm guessing that this Altec preamp predates it.....
Printable View
Vintage Altec Model 44a Preamplifier | eBay
Very cool looking unit--hope someone can resuscitate it. I wonder how it would compare sonically to my old Dynaco PAS-3X preamp--I loved that thing. I'm guessing that this Altec preamp predates it.....
With 2 tubes, it's stereo, right?
I'm guessing that you're joking but I'm not sure that I "get it"--it is stereo.....
oops......
OK, not a joke, a goof. God knows I make my share of them..... Anyone ever heard one of these? Was there a narrow window of time when Altec was making turntables, tube pre-amps etc. or were they in this "high end home hi fi" (non speaker) component market for years? Any clue what year that pre-amp might be from?
'58 or 59'Quote:
Any clue what year that pre-amp might be from?
The "home" hifi source gear seemed to quickly go away right after the introduction of stereo.