Altec Lansing 515B Woofer Speaker Driver Horn | eBay
Dear oh deary me.....
I asked him ho he intends to put it back together.
Printable View
Altec Lansing 515B Woofer Speaker Driver Horn | eBay
Dear oh deary me.....
I asked him ho he intends to put it back together.
I saw that too. Now I know what a 515 motor looks like separated from the frame:)
Well his starting bid is right on the money. :D
If the price is right, i'll take it and 3 more just like it. I know a place that can fix em.
I'm confused...... How did he get the motor off with the cones still in place? I've taken the motor off of a 416/415 but the cones were trashed already.
Maybe he's used to working with McCauley 6000s????
Getting it off is easy, just take the bolts/screws out, and free up the damper with a razor blade.Quote:
I'm confused...... How did he get the motor off with the cones still in place?
Putting it back together without destroying the voice coil and/or it's former, or getting the gap properly aligned is another story.
FWIW, i just view it as a rebuildable 515B core at this point, certainly a worthy pursuit at the right price.