I have a pair of JBL 2404H that I could use with the 802/511Bs. Because my hearing drops away rapidly after 10kHz I wonder if adding the tweets is worthwhile. Has anyone done this with good results?
Printable View
I have a pair of JBL 2404H that I could use with the 802/511Bs. Because my hearing drops away rapidly after 10kHz I wonder if adding the tweets is worthwhile. Has anyone done this with good results?
I tried Ribbons once, It wasn't pretty. If your not getting highs then something is wrong. Especially from 802's on 511's. Check your crossover. I have to pad my 802's down on my dinky 604 horns.
If nobody with youthful hearing is normally going to be listening, then might as well use a super tweeter or even an array EQ'd as required to boost the HF enough to hear it, or at least feel it for your brain to do a bit of interpreting/summing if your hearing is really damaged [piezos work well for this]; and if anyone drops by for an audition, have a by-pass switch to cut them off.
GM
I've used the JBL slots many times with the 416/802 drivers. They work great. But as I age, my HF hearing is not what it used to be. Try a pair and see if you like them. If not, you could always sell them.