Infinity Group.
(Quote)The company will also target the professional, car audio and high-end home audio markets in which Altec once played.
Infinity Group Buys Altec Lansing Name, Plans To Rebuild Brand
Printable View
Infinity Group.
(Quote)The company will also target the professional, car audio and high-end home audio markets in which Altec once played.
Infinity Group Buys Altec Lansing Name, Plans To Rebuild Brand
I got really excited at first thinking it was Infinity of loudspeaker fame, but remembering that the Harman monster absorbed them a while back.
Whole thing seems kinda upside down from an original "Altec" perspective. Altec's "core products" were hardly about mass market consumer garbage.
I wish them well in their venture, and hope they can attach our beloved name to a quality product worthy of it.Quote:
Infinity will initially resurrect Altec?s core products, which include tabletop docking speakers, headphones, and PC speakers.
I'll stick with GPA.
No intellectual property, just the brand-name. Wow!
No probs, it's a marketing company.
Sourcing strategy: Wholesale Mickey Mouse Speaker-Buy Mickey Mouse Speaker lots from China Mickey Mouse Speaker wholesalers on Aliexpress.com ?
I have heard "plans" so much it's meaningless. Let's see the reality. Even if they do make pro stuff, it will have no relation to anything we know. It will be a completely different company.
Well, I think it's nostalgic dreaming to think that the Altec of 1950 will ever return, in any form. There is no viable business case/profit motive for high-quality pro audio that is built to last for decades. That kind of engineering and manufacturing has gone the way of the dodo. Now we have cheap, low-efficiency, throw-it-out-when-it-fails products.
They should just give the name to Bill and call it the day ! :biggrin2:
I agree. Best thing they could do with the pro name is market Bill''s stuff labelled "Altec Classic". To try and get into line arrays and things like that, competing with entrenched companies, is a recipe for failure. Niche markets are the only place start-ups could survive.