http://www.hostboard.com/forums/hbmc...2013/03/11.jpg
Printable View
maybe i can fit two of those in my living room, if i get rid of all that pesky furniture.
shows just how efficient those large format compression drivers are...just two on that big mama takes care of bizniz
The "X" version with 4 drivers is what you used to "git r done", LOL.
I think one of those triple woofer boxes would be pretty rare to find. The actual A1 or A2 installs that i've seen pics of used three 210 boxes. A 210 box you can get thru nearly any 36 inch commercial doorway, not gonna happen with that triple woofer version.
This has me thinking (not a good thing). I'm currently using the 288-8Ls through MRII564s and the 8256 double cabs. Even with the (2) 3156s in each bass bin, the 288s blast the room. I have the attenuator (Mid only) almost all the way off just to hear the LFs. REW confirms this. I'm wondering if using them with my A7 cabs and 515Bs is a wise move.
Eventually I will be bi-amping the system and using 1.5W monoblocks into the 288s and 15W/ch into the LF drivers. This might help even things out, especially with the help of the active XO.
Hum...
Most theaters had double doors backstage. But I have only seen TWO of the 3x15 cab in what? 45 years? Both were singles in theaters.
Speaking of oddities, if still there the theater in Wilmington OH had a VOTT labeled Shearer.
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/hbmc...2013/03/12.jpg