-
My friend wants to take her "Kirsten" (actually the TJ Maxx blonde Gotz doll) for a long outing to a zoo that gets really hot (they have it set up without any trees). I was wondering how hot is too hot for vinyl dolls (the Gotz dolls are made just like American Girl dolls)? Does anyone know the temperature in which it's safe for a doll to be? I'm assuming it's a bad idea to keep them in a hot car...so she'd have to definitely take the doll with us. I just want to know so I can make a wise decision about this. Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
Melissa, I doubt she'd melt in her arms. If you're really concerned you could buy a mini fan (some zoos sell them) and have the fan blowing on the doll.
-
I don't think she'll melt in an outing to the zoo but if she was left outside lying in the sun she would probably melt. My Cabbage Patch kids used to melt and we'd stick them in the freezer to unmelt them! [img]eek.gif[/img]
-
I remember leaving my Molly in the car one summer when I spent a day at the beach; when I cam back, her vinyl parts were all squishy (don't know how better to describe it) [img]confused.gif[/img] . I was little and thought that I had killed my poor baby (many tears were involved), but when she got back to a room temp, she was totally normal. I'm sure (unless your zoo is in Death Valley or something) that the doll would be okay.
-
Thanks, everyone! Looks like my worries are for naught anyway, since the temperature is supposed to be in the 50s this weekend. If so, she could probably leave the doll behind in the trunk if she decided she didn't want to tote her around. I guess I'm also worried about the prospect of the doll actually being "remembered" for several hours.
-
When I was a child I left dolls in the car all the time. I don't remember that it melted any of them for any length of time.