-
I feel really dumb, but I just signed up for the SiP list and don't know where to post replies. Also, I don't have Netscape which I seem to need to get through to the list, or to even email people on the list to ask them, er, where they're calling from.
Can anyone point the way, pleeez. Gah! I feel like Francine standing nekkid in the school play.
Thanks for your help,
Cybele
-
I?m assuming you?re meaning the mailinglist? I haven?t been part of it for quite a while, but this is what I can remember:
It?s email-based, so check your email. If things haven?t changed, and I doubt they have, you should have recieved an email with the rules and the reply emailadress.
Webmistres Maida used to be part of the list, not quite sure if she still is, so you might want to contact her to see if she can help.
Not to sure of anything it seem, but I hope it helps.
-
Thank you, usmu, for your reply. I think I need Netscape to do the list and don't have it. Your suggestion that I contact Maida is a good one. I appreciate it.
I'm new to SiP, just read all 42 issues recently in like one gulp. How long have you been a fan? What do you like best about the comic? I like the drawings, the story, the characters, the conflict, the drama, just about all of it.
Do you have a preference as to who will wind up living happily ever after with whom? I can't quite figure it...If David stops acting like a sheep, Katchoo might fall for him. But (as of #42) it sounds like Francine is waking up to certain realities, too. And Katchoo seems to lean toward her. You know, it's like a TV series. Once the principle characters fall in love and settle down, the show is over. I'd rather see them all fall in and out of love with each other for, say, the next few years.
Cybele
-
No problem cybele. Welcome and have some oreos.
I?m not a regular here though. I usually hang out at Stranger than Paradise, the board where SiP-readers, and others for that matter, go when they want to get off-topic.
I?ve been reading SiP since the short time Terry has spent at Image.
I like the drawing and the fact it?s about real persons with reallife problems (and some more exotic ones as well http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif ) best.
As far as the future of SiP goes, I?m just here for the ride and don?t really have any preferences. As long as Terry gets there in a way which seems real. Other than that...
-
[QUOTE]Originally posted by usmu:
[B]No problem cybele. Welcome and have some oreos.
Oreooooos (said like Homer Simpson). http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
I?m not a regular here though. I usually hang out at Stranger than Paradise, the board where SiP-readers, and others for that matter, go when they want to get off-topic.
Where is that??
I?ve been reading SiP since the short time Terry has spent at Image.
I like the drawing and the fact it?s about real persons with reallife problems (and some more exotic ones as well http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif ) best.
Yeah, exotic is a good word for it! (er, how about erotic? maybe that's coming?) http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
As far as the future of SiP goes, I?m just here for the ride and don?t really have any preferences. As long as Terry gets there in a way which seems real. Other than that...
No way Terry can't be real, can he? I too will ride the SiP coaster for as long as it loops de loop. Where is, you know, THAT country btw?
Cybele
------------------
-
Stanger Than Paradise is another Hostboard forum. For me, the easiest way to get to it from the SIP Discussion Forum is to scroll to the top of the screen where there are some folder icons. One will be labeled "SIP Discussion Forum". The one above that will be "Comics". Click on that one, and you will have a choice of forums, including Stranger Than Paradise. And believe me, it does get pretty strange. But happybunny 2 told me today that because it takes so long to ship the issues to Holland, everyone here has dissected the latest issue before he can read it. So he is more often on that other forum.
------------------
Magiae fui.
-
Welcome to the SIPList, Cybele!
I am a member of SIPList as well and we always welcome new members. I have a couple of things for you:
1. You do not have to have Netscape to be subscribed, or to post messages.
2. As previously posted, SIPList works through email, and you should have a welcome message in your mail.
3. If you need to subscribe, go to: http://www.novatech.net:81/guest/Rem...ummary/SIPList
...and fill in your info. You should get a confirmation message in your email within minutes.
4. To post to the list, send emails to:
[email protected]
That's it. I hope you join us and start chatting soon.
-Gem
-
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thrasymachos:
[B]Stanger Than Paradise is another Hostboard forum. For me, the easiest way to get to it from the SIP Discussion Forum is to scroll to the top of the screen where there are some folder icons. One will be labeled "SIP Discussion Forum". The one above that will be "Comics". Click on that one, and you will have a choice of forums, including Stranger Than Paradise. And believe me, it does get pretty strange. But happybunny 2 told me today that because it takes so long to ship the issues to Holland, everyone here has dissected the latest issue before he can read it. So he is more often on that other forum.
Thank you for the tips, T!! I will try it out.(The latest issue is #42, right? Is 43 out in the stores yet?)like happybunny 2, i don't want it spoiled for me either. i see folks discussing #44 already.
Cyb.
------------------
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gem Farriss:
Welcome to the SIPList, Cybele!
I am a member of SIPList as well and we always welcome new members. I have a couple of things for you:
1. You do not have to have Netscape to be subscribed, or to post messages.
2. As previously posted, SIPList works through email, and you should have a welcome message in your mail.
3. If you need to subscribe, go to: http://www.novatech.net:81/guest/Rem...ummary/SIPList
...and fill in your info. You should get a confirmation message in your email within minutes.
4. To post to the list, send emails to:
[email protected]
That's it. I hope you join us and start chatting soon.
-Gem<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you, Gem!! I got so frustrated I unsubscribed. Couldn't post, just receive. Then my computer crashed, I landed head first in computer hell and have had to fdisk the hard drive and lost everything anyway. Gotta start all over again.
I'm a newbie--to lists, to SiP. Re SiP, I guess I'm a hardcore nut ball fan (HNBF?). Which way do you want events to swing in the SiP universe?
Cyb.
------------------
-
I?m from the The Netherlands. Yeah, that country http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif.
Sorry to hear you?ve got such problems with your computer. If you get back onto the siplist say hi to Kevin Beyer and the rest of the Siplist from me, will you?
As far as recieving SiP in the Netherlands. I order through my local comicshop and recieve one or two days after it?s out in America, so it should be possible to get it sooner.
------------------
The hammer of Thor quotes:
Cheer up
It might never happen to you kid
Allthough I think
It probably just did
Carter USM
The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn?t exsist.
Kevin Spacey as Verbal Kint in The usual suspects