-
David, David, David....always mysterious. I haven't posted much on here, but it's always interesting reading what you guys are debating. Now i want to know more about David! I've read up to issue 38, and there's still things i wonder about David! So Terry much give us sublte clues about David's past, but i seem to miss them and not piece things together. Who's David anyway?? He can't really be Darcy's brother, right? David's real name is japanese whereas Darcy's is chinese. so what's the deal? are they half siblings or step-siblings? or did Darcy agree to have him pose as her brother and change his name to Qin? Do we know anything more about his previous crime/gang activies? where does he come from? can anybody give me any juicy bits? http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif I'm a serious David fan. he's an immensly interesting character and he's so damn cute too! :}~~~~~ (yes this is a drooly smiley) (He reminds me of my boyfriend, except more screwed up. Awwwwww!) Can anyone satisfy my curiosity?
thanks!
Miyu
-
Well, yes, I would say the evidence leads to David being her brother. Yousaka Takahashi was likely a criminal pseudonym. The perquliarites of Asian crime syndicates really aren't Terry's strong suit. Now I'm not any sort of expet on crime families specifically, but I know a fair amount about Asian culture. There's a fair amount of animosity between the Chinese and the Japanese(since WWII) so a Chinese boy getting in with a Yakuza biker gang(in Japan the biker gangs are the proving ground for future Yakuza) is highly unlikely. I would imagine David assumed a name to get in(also helpful if the police are looking for someone named Takahashi and your drivers liscense says David)
Only speculation, but I'm willing to bet we aren't going to get much more detail about it. Like I said, it's not terry's strong suit.
I have more wild theories, maybe I'll post them later
Darth
------------------
If you're really a Goth
Where were you when we sacked Rome?
-
Yes Terry you must tell us more about David!Who is my fave as well.Its been 17 years and I still dont know who the father of my favorite X-character is*feeling the cold chill*oops.Dont pull a Marvel on me!Get those but cheeks moving! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif
------------------
Scoribra-The sting of truth weighed on the scales of destiny.
`~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`
-
Have anybody noticed that we've never heard David's voice? I mean, his interior monologues, whereas we've often heard Katchoo's and Francine's. Why?
-
Didn't we hear David's thoughts just after Francine left, before the plane crash? He was thinking of that "It's too dark today" song? I can't recall which issue it was, but the first page or two are his thoughts. That's the only time that I can recall, which is why it stuck with me.
-
.....when he was watching TV, and he carried Katchoo in from the rain.
-
Yes thats a very good point.Its as if David doesnt have a personality of his own.That he only displays his character through Katchoo.I love that scene between David and Darcy when he rushes off to LA to confront his sis.He wasnt thinking to himself or anything but it was a private moment WITHOUT KATCHOO for once!Though it was still about Katchoo....I would love to see more stuff like this Terry but next time could you possibly do it without Katchoo being the subject?Its a shame to develope a bluebrint for such an intriguing character and not tap his full potential. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif
------------------
Scoribra-The sting of truth weighed on the scales of destiny.
`~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`
-
Oh,yeah. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
------------------
Scoribra-The sting of truth weighed on the scales of destiny.
`~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`
-
yeah, in issue 22 I think! I didn't remember that... and still, he doesn't think about himself there but just about what has happened...
-
WooHoo! I knew it would happen eventually! Yay, David! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
------------------
You know love hurts when you write your English teacher a love letter and you get it back with red-penned corrections....