-
I was wondering... Being lucky enough to replace my golden logo reprint of vol. 2 issue 9 (A good night?s sleep) with a first print I discovered a colour difference in the cover.
The umbrella which Francine holds as she stands with Freddy in front of the fountain is purple in the original but is blue in the reprint. Was this by excident, on purpus or am I stuck with something that?s not what it looks like?
I actually found out quite a while ago, but looking at the episode guide the question resurfaced. Thanks in advance.
-
i have first issues of all books (except for #1) and the colors do change from the originals to the reprints...
terry explained it once, and if my memory doesn't escape me, it had something to do with the original color print having been lost so they had to print it off an original or something like that. so the color changed.
also, in vol.1 #3, the original color is a lot redder and the reprint is pretty pinkish... happens, i guess.
also, the first few printings of the very first trade paper back had a red line across the top and the later ones have a blue line, or it's the other way around, can't recall.
but it seems to happen frequently...
-
Thanks for the info Necro. I did find another couple of differences, but this was the one that stood out.
-
It's true some of the colors changed in the gold logo reprints as I sometimes took a moment to make a variation in the file just for fun. When the I Dream Of You paperback is reprinted next time I will change it to have a black spine, so it will match the other SIP tpbs on the shelf.
-
First it was the naked Francine statue in the schoolyard, now he?s changing the colour, what next? He might even throw us a false lead or two http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif.
Thank you for the info Terry. Can?t wait to find out what you do next http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif