I have searched for a very long time for a good fake blood recipe, I have even made a few that I have found, but none are ever very good.
Can some one please help me. I just want a good all-purpose fake blood recipe.
Thank you.
Printable View
I have searched for a very long time for a good fake blood recipe, I have even made a few that I have found, but none are ever very good.
Can some one please help me. I just want a good all-purpose fake blood recipe.
Thank you.
Erm, you can't have looked that hard, there's many on this very site.
See? Millions of 'em.
Personally, I use maple syrup and red food colouring, or when I need a bollock load of the stuff, Tesco value washing up liquid and food colouring. 13p a litre.
I've seen the stuff here, but there's no way of me knowing if its any good or not. Thanks for your suggestions though.
Different recipes look better under different circumstances.
My all round favourite and reliable is golden syrup, red food colouring and then thinned with water.
just to continue Eddies point,
what do you need the blood for ? is it for a oozing wound or a messy spiel on the floor.
If its the first then your blood is going to need to be very thing and fluidy and what colour costume is your actor wearing with the wound ? if he is wearing dark clothes then you are going to need to lighten your blood so its visible on screen.
in the second case a big pool of blood on the floor, then you are gong to need something a lot thicker that won't run, also what colour is the floor ? is it arterial blood h, has the blood been there a long time ? or is it fresh ?
when you got that figured, think of all the recipes you come across and adapt them!
things which are good for thickening up are flour, egg whites, corn syrup, washing up liquied, experiement with each till you find something you like.
colour wise as well, red on its own looks pants, but if you actor is wearing dark clohing you may need that extra red. Extra colours to condsider as well in blood
Black
Blue
Brown
play about and have fun, making blood costs less than going to the pub
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I beg to differ...Quote:
red on its own looks pants
http://angryandmoist.tripod.com//sit...y02_bts_13.jpg
http://angryandmoist.tripod.com//sit...y_day02_08.jpg
http://angryandmoist.tripod.com//sit...y02_bts_15.jpg
Well, maybe I'll just shut up... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
go on then [img]tongue.gif[/img]