Need help getting a 1000hz crossover for my Altec 9864-8A
I need a 1000hz crossover for my Altec 9864-8A center channel speaker. It is basically a 515-8GHP and 299-8A coaxial each sharing the same ferrite magnet in a 816 cabinet. I would guess that the two voice coils have a 1" separation. I could get a Behringer CX2310 active XO for about $100 including the patch cords and cable adaptors or I could build a simple 12db passive crossover for about $80 or $90 according to the online calculators.
Any suggestions? I am now using a spare N501-8A crossover.
9864
Re: Need help getting a 1000hz crossover for my Altec 9864-8
From just looking at the various plots, an adjustable XO + TD is what I'd use if not an original passive as it looks like a 'gapped' XO to account for TD .
GM
Re: Need help getting a 1000hz crossover for my Altec 9864-8
Thanks GM, these are set up for bi-amping and never had an XO.
Re: Need help getting a 1000hz crossover for my Altec 9864-8
It's my understanding that the only Altec crossover was an electronic unit that had built in curves for each of the DTS speakers systems. I've seen one or two on ebay over the years. Mine has an M500 passive.