Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by
norelco
Send an email to GPA (Mr. Bill) but still waiting for his reply,
You likely won't get a reply. Doing business by email is time consuming and too inefficient. You will need to call GPA on the phone.
Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
can you please send thru PM (Mr. Bill contact number)
Thanks
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by
norelco
The Speaker Exchange cones clearly have the GPA part number on them. They must buy them from GPA. I don't know why these wouldn't work fine, but I'd still call Bill at GPA and confirm. Telephone numbers: (405) 789-0221 or (405) 787-0987.
Good luck.
GeeDeeEmm
Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by
gdmoore28
The Speaker Exchange cones clearly have the GPA part number on them. They must buy them from GPA. I don't know why these wouldn't work fine, but I'd still call Bill at GPA and confirm. Telephone numbers: (405) 789-0221 or (405) 787-0987.
Good luck.
GeeDeeEmm
That is a good observation!
My question is do they have the GPA voice coil?
They also sell an aftermarket 416 kit, which I would steer clear of. It has a non vented dust cap. Or a acoustically transparent one, just looks wrong.
Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by
norelco
Hi,
I'm currently looking for a recone kit, and i would like to ask for recommendations on which one is the best kit that currently available. And can ship the item to Philippines...
Norelco
Just in case you didn't know, the JBL/Altec person trusted by aficionados in the Philippines is Lin Gomez of Music Box in Angeles City, Pampanga. He used to do PA installations all over the country and supplied sound reinforcement equipment for the clubs around Clark Air Base and Subic Naval Base. He is semi-retired but still does sterling work!
Happy Holidays!
JE
Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
Thanks Sir JE, I'm going to drive north to meet Mr. Lin after the Holidays.
Norelco
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
I am still curious if the speaker exchange sells full GPA recone kits. My dad lives over near them and I could save money on shipping by picking up the kits myself. I emailed them and asked if they get their stock from GPA
Re: Altec 416 8B Recone Kit
I just got an email back from them. The kits do come directly from GPA