Model 14 horn diaphragm stuck ?
Hi All .
New Altec owner and member here . As I dug into the horns to confirm polarity I found one of the diaphragms stuck and unable to be removed . Does this effect the sound / travel of the diaphragm ? Is there any way to free this up without damage ?
Cheers
Jeff
Re: Model 14 horn diaphragm stuck ?
I have had to gently pry diaphragms out of drivers. I take a razor and gently pry between the driver and metal part of the phragm. Usually by the locating pins so it comes out evenly. Just be careful not to pull on the plastic part of the diaphragm. I have had them separate from the bottom piece
I always take the phragm out of drivers that are shipped to me. Just to check the VC gap to make sure nothing shifted
Re: Model 14 horn diaphragm stuck ?
Thanks for the reply . I should mention that the diaphragm is like 99% free and is only stuck for about 2 or 3mm . It appears that the lip that surrounds the tangerine is stuck in the groove it sits in . Although not damaged the diaphragm will pull at the stuck 2 or 3mm spot not allowing me to pry very hard .
Cheers