The 421 actually is a decent speaker. Helps to cover the aluminum dome with a felt one.
2 Altec Bass Speakers - musical instruments - by owner - sale
Printable View
The 421 actually is a decent speaker. Helps to cover the aluminum dome with a felt one.
2 Altec Bass Speakers - musical instruments - by owner - sale
It ' s actually very good I remember in 60's and 70's band used them inside a,7 .The sound was loud big and quite detailed.
I remember having a discussion with an engineer student .I said we could not put these behind the screen for movies He agreed with me different tools for different applications
In an A7 cabinet, no. In a bass reflex like the ones in the ad, you absolutely could.
The 421 in a well tuned bass reflex has a much flatter response than an A7 with a 416. And better bass response. It won't have the horn efficiency, but with 150 watt power handling it will do just fine.
The worst thing for HIFI is the aluminum dome. Covering it with a felt dome reduces the HF artifacts.