-
Hello,
I am sure you get this question quite a bit in this forum, by amateurs like me, so I apologize in advance if I am being repetitive, but...
I recently found some old home movies from the 70s on SUPER-8, and want to have a decent job done of transfering them to VHS and/or CD-ROM (any digital format).
Could anybody, by any chance, recommend any businesses in the San Francisco area (or wherever) that could help me with this?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
Regards,
Dimitrios Antsos
P.S. ERRATUM - The original message mis-stated that the movies I was trying to transfer were on VHS. I am, in fact, trying to transfer from Super-8, hence I am posting here...
[This message has been edited by dantsos (edited October 04, 2000).]
-
If you are not concered about overall quality(meaning a broadcast standard). Then you could digitize them on a home computer and burn them to a CD that way. I just did some expriments of that for a film I worked on. Good Luck
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nigel:
If you are not concered about overall quality(meaning a broadcast standard). Then you could digitize them on a home computer and burn them to a CD that way. I just did some expriments of that for a film I worked on. Good Luck<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nigel,
Thanks for the response, it brought to my attention a mistake in my original post, which I edited and corrected. I am trying to transfer from Super-8, not VHS. I have no Super-8 playing equipment (nor would I be interested in obtaining any).
I am looking for a house that does a decent transfer job from Super-8 to VHS and/or CD-ROM (e.g. MPEG) and doesn't necessarily charge a fortune. I would like relatively good quality, but I suspect I can live without a state-of-the-art, professional transfer.
Any suggestions?
Thanks again,
Dimitrios Antsos
-
If you have a chance, come by FAF on 9th street for the Open House on Friday. I'm going to show the quality you can produce with a professional 3CCD Camera and a Goko TC-20 Telecine Player. From the test I have done with this equipment, the reults are excellent.
-
-
Hey Guys!
Its wonderful to find such surprises. I'm looking for a place to transfer my film, and now (Thanks to Rolli) I have a place to do it! Here's the best part, its right next to the school Im going to transfer to!!
-
As I said before. If you are not concerned with broadcast quality. Then the transfer house listed by Rollem' is a fine option. Beware of film chains--they can scratch up your film. Once you get your stuff to tape you can put it into your computer and bur CD's as I said before. Good Luck